Saturday, May 16, 2009

Orientation's Tomorrow!

Every time I get an e-mail or letter from AFS I start jumping up and down and tomorrow I get to go to the first orientation, which is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to meet other kids who are as excited about becoming an AFSer as I am. I have my binder all ready with all of my AFS e-mails printed out and all of the information about my family in La Serena, Chile!!! I got another e-mail from Conny, Jorge Luis, and Mami Mile earlier this week and they included photos which is amazing for me because now I can really picture living with them. I hope that tomorrow I'll be able to to talk with the AFS returnees about the biggest culture shocks. Whenever I think about my trip I just get so excited that I'm afraid I won't be completely prepared for how different life is going to be. I also hope the parent discussions will help my dad with some of the fears he has about me leaving, the truth is I've considered the things that he worries about (ex. me not coming back) but I just have such feelings of pure elation whenever I think about this summer that I can't seem to place any worries or fears along with it. Definitely dreaming of Chile tonight!

No comments: