Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pre-Pack

I didn't know that packing could take so long or be so tiring, now I do. This morning my mom and I packed my suitcase and carry-on for Chile to see how much room I needed and make sure that all of the weight limits were met. I was actually pretty surprised to find that a 44 pound suitcase and 22 pound carry-on were enough for everything I'm going to need. I also realized that I need to start wearing a watch because I'm not bringing my phone with me and I need to think about whether or not I'm going to bring my i-pod for the plane trip or not...decisions, decisions! Since the last time I blogged, I received the family information packet from AFS and my dad was so relieved to find out that Conny and Jorge both traveled with AFS and that they've hosted students before. They also have a black toy poodle named Zeus who I can't wait to meet and am so happy that he's a hypo-allergenic dog! Unfortunately I also received the information for the summer work from SHS that I need to do for my AP classes next year. I can't decide whether or not I even want to bring the work with me...I'd hate to feel like its hanging over my head while I'm in Chile and miss out on any of the once-in-a-lifetime experiences that are sure to happen in order to stay home and do AP work. Then again I'm not too excited about the idea of coming back to the states and having a summer's worth of homework to do before school starts:(. I don't know, but I'll figure it out. I also went to the bank and got some money exchanged into Chilean Pesos and their money is so much cooler looking than US dollars but are in huge denominations. It's weird to think about spending 5,000 pesos because I automatically think that's a large amount of money when in reality its only like 5 bucks. I guess that's just another thing I'm going to get used to! Only slightly less than 3 weeks, 7 school finals (boooo), Erin's birthday party, and father's day to go!

No comments: